Is bazaar-ng for newbies?

Dorival Pedroso dorival_pedroso at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 19:28:25 BST 2005

Hello all,
I have never used CVS-like programs. I always used to control the version of my
programs "by-hand". Now I need help from some CVS-like programs. After
researching (google) I read about CVS, Subversion, Arch, Bazaar and Bazaar-NG.
I became convinced that Bazaar-NG is proeminent, thus I installed it and did
the tutorial, WOW! that's good (easy). However I couldn't discover how to work
back (withdraw) on a previous version. I know that Bazaar-NG is a baby-project,
but I prefer to start with it and wait/contribute for future releases than
learning CVS/SVN or Arch/Bazaar because they seem difficult (I tried arch and
quit on the same day) and obsolete(?). Therefore, I make a question: Is
bazaar-ng for newbies?
Thanks everyone. Thanks Canonical.
I hope help with some code soon.
D.M.Pedroso.