bazaar-ng copyright policy

Wilk wilk-ml at flibuste.net
Fri Apr 22 09:05:15 BST 2005

Mark Shuttleworth <mark at canonical.com> writes:

> Yes, and I'm happy to accept gpg-signed-mail rather than a paper trail.
> All it needs to say is that the code you are contributing is yours to
> contribute, and that you are happy for Canonical to share copyright and
> defend your copyright.

Do you mean two copyright in the same time ? is-it possible ?

For individual it can be interesting, but i wonder if others big
companies contribute, can they also defend the copyright ?

When the license is GPL and not BSD-like, only the owner of the
copyright will be able to sell the code closed. (It was not possible for
the kernel for example). I wonder also if this will not stop "competitor"
of canonical to contribute.

Anyway, it'll be better than iron-python ;-)

--
William - http://flibuste.net