bug? iter_entries() skips from_dir entry

duchier at ps.uni-sb.de duchier at ps.uni-sb.de
Wed Apr 20 13:22:26 BST 2005

Aaron Bentley <aaron.bentley at utoronto.ca> writes:

> | It's intentional, but it's not very clean and should be cleaned up, by
> | me deciding whether the root entry should be seen as a member of the
> | inventory or not.
>
> I don't see a need to special-case it.  But of course, I can handle it
> either way.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if the root is part of the inventory, then it can
be moved (by a topological delta).  It has also the further implication that the
inventory is a tree, not simply a forest, and that all topological deltas must
preserve that invariant.

I have not thought about this much at all, but I get the uneasy feeling that it
could make things slightly more complicated (unless, you, in one way or another,
"special case" the root).

Cheers,

--Denys