Reversed log output

David Allouche david at allouche.net
Wed Apr 20 10:37:19 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 23:45 -0700, Chris Lee wrote:
> I implemented a patch based on Sebastien Cote's work to implement
> reversed log output, matching what subversion and CVS do by default.
>
> It's available at http://c133.org/tmp/bzr-rlog.patch - it adds a new
> command - 'rlog' - and does not change the existing behavior of
> the 'log' command.

rlog is probably not a good name for such a command.

CVS has a rlog command (which almost, but not quite, entirely different
from "log").

I did a completely unscientific test, asking Rob Weir (who is
conveniently sitting on the couch next to me ATM) what he think "bzr
log" would do, and he replied "logs from a remote branch".

Also, I can already see people, six months down the road, screaming when
they see the "bzr help" output displaying two distinct commands for
displaying logs in different orders.

My personal preference is chronologically ordered logs, but I understand
that some users would expect them to be ordered consistently with CVS
and SVN.

That is a case for a user setting, with two options (maybe
--chronological and --reverse) overriding the user setting.
--
                                                            -- ddaa