Diff for single revision or revision range (patch)

Harri Salokorpi hsalokor at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Apr 19 23:06:06 BST 2005

Hello,

Bzr diffing is currently a bit primitive. If you do multiple unrelated changes
and commit them separately, you'll have nice time trying to split those
changes into separate diffs later on.

Manual patch splitting is boring, so I played around a bit with the diff code
(diff of my changes attached for adventurous souls). Basically I implemented
very simple revision selector, which allows you to extract changes in
specific revision or revision range into diff.

I changed the semantics of -r REV, because I think it really should show the
changes in specific revision instead of cumulative changes from that revision
to current. I followed the principle of least surprise (at least I think
so :) and diff includes changes from both start and end revision (e.g. -r
123:124 includes changes made in both revisions).

Feedback welcome,

-Harri