unittest unpythonic? [Was: Re: Tidying up]

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Apr 15 10:37:21 BST 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 07:02:23PM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
[..]
>I think unittest is rather ugly and unpythonic, so I don't know if I'd
>really switch to that, but some tests in regular Python should be added.

This is a bit off-topic, but I'm a curious soul. Feel free to take sthis
off the mailing list if you want to.

As I'm not a very experienced Python programmer I'm wondering what makes
you say unittest is "unpythonic"?

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.
     -- Andrew Jackson