Extra 'u' characters in error messages

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Apr 14 13:28:09 BST 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 11:33:24PM -0500, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just started looking at Bazaar-NG.  It looks pretty nice.
>
>One minor thing: I noticed that many of the error messages have extra 'u'
>characters in them, eg:
>
>  [~/bzr/test1] bzr log foo
>  bzr: error: extra arguments to command log: [u'foo']
>  (see $HOME/.bzr.log for debug information)
>  [~/bzr/test1] bzr no_such_command
>  bzr: error: unknown command u'no_such_command'
>  (see $HOME/.bzr.log for debug information)
>
>I don't know what the problem is here.

That would be unicode showing its head!

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

Intellectual property (IP) has been driving the species for some five
million years. In the past 100 or so years, it's increasingly been saddled
with the chore of lining the pockets of middlemen and parasites who, sans
this lining, would lack sufficient intellect to open a can of beer.
     -- Tom Matrullo