self-hosting repo available

Lele Gaifax lele at nautilus.homeip.net
Mon Apr 11 10:18:12 BST 2005

    Erik> in create_tracefile t.write(' by %s on %s\n' %
    Erik> (bzrlib.osutils.username(), socket.getfqdn())) File
    Erik> "/usr/lib/python2.4/codecs.py", line 444, in write return
    Erik> self.writer.write(data) File "/usr/lib/python2.4/codecs.py",
    Erik> line 178, in write data, consumed = self.encode(object,
    Erik> self.errors) UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode
    Erik> byte 0xc3 in position 11: ordinal not in range(128) [Exit 1
    Erik> ]

    Erik> What can be the cause of this?

By any chance it's related to an encoding mismatch between what
osutils.username() collects and your environment, that appear to be
'ascii'.

Maybe your system does not setup the Python environment appropriately:
on my Debian machines I have to tweak /etc/python2.3/site.py to enable
the default encoding machinery.

What does the following

    $ python

    >>> import sys
    >>> print sys.getdefaultencoding()
    iso-8859-15

produce for you?

hth,
bye, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax	| Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas	| comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.