kernel and speed

William Dode wilk-ml at flibuste.net
Fri Apr 8 11:13:06 BST 2005

Hi,

When everybody seems to be agree that performance must not be the first
goal, everybody speak about this on the kernel-ml !

On the python-dev ml GvR asked how we can fight the idea that python is "slow"
http://python.org/dev/summary/2004-12-01_2004-12-15.html#pr-to-fight-the-idea-that-python-is-slow

But it seems that bzr will be the fastest scm for the kernel ! Great news for
python-dev !

Martin, on the kernel-ml you said to just untar the source of bzr, but
it will use ElementTree instead of cElementTree. I've also tried with psyco
(on the python tree) and we can win few seconds.
We could also mention that it's faster with python2.4.

--
William - http://flibuste.net