bzr 0.0.3 released

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Thu Apr 7 10:46:34 BST 2005

Dear diary, on Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 06:50:53AM CEST, I got a letter
where Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> told me that...
> On Thu, 2005-04-07 at 04:19 +0000, Faheem Mitha wrote:
..snip..
> > 4) I'm a little fuzzy on the necessity of both move and rename. What
> > does move do that rename cannot?
>
> The right hand side of move is a directory; the files are moved into
> that directory under their current names.  move can move any number of
> files.
>
> From gnu mv:
>
> % mv --help
> Usage: mv [OPTION]... SOURCE DEST
>   or:  mv [OPTION]... SOURCE... DIRECTORY
>
> 'bzr rename' does the first of these.  'bzr move' does the second.
>
> Given the recent list thread this is apparently confusing to people used
> to Unix.

Can't 'bzr rename' do the first and 'bzr move' both? All the Linux
hackers, people used to UNIX and Windows users could be happy that way,
couldn't they?

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Stuff: http://pasky.or.cz/