Rev 6058: Ensures that the connection thread is detached from the server thread before handling the connection. in file:///home/vila/src/bzr/bugs/869366-test-server-race/
v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Wed Nov 9 16:05:52 UTC 2011
revision-id: v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr-20111109160552-qqa88x55f70o4yh8
parent: v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr-20111010102716-b8vgjpvzg3mx8w7a
committer: Vincent Ladeuil <v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr>
branch nick: 869366-test-server-race
timestamp: Wed 2011-11-09 17:05:52 +0100
Ensures that the connection thread is detached from the server thread before handling the connection.
-------------- next part --------------
=== modified file 'bzrlib/tests/test_server.py'
--- a/bzrlib/tests/test_server.py 2011-10-07 14:48:59 +0000
+++ b/bzrlib/tests/test_server.py 2011-11-09 16:05:52 +0000
@@ -421,12 +421,15 @@
def get_request (self):
"""Get the request and client address from the socket."""
sock, addr = TestingTCPServerMixin.get_request(self)
- # The thread is not create yet, it will be updated in process_request
+ # The thread is not created yet, it will be updated in process_request
self.clients.append((sock, addr, None))
return sock, addr
- def process_request_thread(self, started, stopped, request, client_address):
+ def process_request_thread(self, started, detached, stopped,
+ request, client_address):
+ # We will be on our own once the server tells us we're detached
self, request, client_address)
@@ -435,12 +438,13 @@
def process_request(self, request, client_address):
"""Start a new thread to process the request."""
started = threading.Event()
+ detached = threading.Event()
stopped = threading.Event()
t = TestThread(
name='%s -> %s' % (client_address, self.server_address),
target = self.process_request_thread,
- args = (started, stopped, request, client_address))
+ args = (started, detached, stopped, request, client_address))
# Update the client description
self.clients.append((request, client_address, t))
@@ -449,12 +453,12 @@
- if debug_threads():
- sys.stderr.write('Client thread %s started\n' % (t.name,))
# If an exception occured during the thread start, it will get raised.
- # In rare cases, an exception raised during the request processing may
- # also get caught here (see http://pad.lv/869366)
+ if debug_threads():
+ sys.stderr.write('Client thread %s started\n' % (t.name,))
+ # Tell the thread, it's now on its own for exception handling.
# The following methods are called by the main thread
=== modified file 'bzrlib/tests/test_test_server.py'
--- a/bzrlib/tests/test_test_server.py 2011-10-10 10:27:16 +0000
+++ b/bzrlib/tests/test_test_server.py 2011-11-09 16:05:52 +0000
@@ -203,20 +203,12 @@
# Check that the connection thread did catch the exception,
# http://pad.lv/869366 was wrongly checking the server thread which
# works for TestingTCPServer where the connection is handled in the
- # same thread than the server one but is racy for
- # TestingThreadingTCPServer where the server thread may be in a
- # blocking accept() call (or not).
- except FailToRespond:
- # Great, the test succeeded
- # If the exception is not in the connection thread anymore, it's in
- # the server's one.
- # The exception is available now
- self.assertRaises(FailToRespond, server.pending_exception)
+ # same thread than the server one but was racy for
+ # TestingThreadingTCPServer. Since we the connection thread detaches
+ # itself before handling the request, we are guaranteed that the
+ # exception won't leak into the server thread anymore.
# We need to ensure the exception has been caught
More information about the bazaar-commits