[ANN] bzr 2.5.1 released

Vincent Ladeuil vila+bzr at canonical.com
Wed May 30 13:41:02 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Here comes our new stable release: 2.5.1

Bazaar <http://bazaar.canonical.com/> is a Canonical project and part of
the GNU project <http://gnu.org/> to produce a free operating system.

This is a bugfix release. Upgrading is recommended for all users on
earlier 2.5 releases.

2.5.1 contains all known bug fixes for all stable releases (including
the ones we made for the previous stable series).

Thanks to all participants, whether you sent merge proposals, comments,
suggestions and feedback, we very much appreciate all of them.

Bazaar is now available for download from
https://launchpad.net/bzr/2.5/2.5.1/ as a source tarball.

Installers are available for OSX from the url above, windows ones are on
their way.

2.5.1 has also been uploaded to ubuntu.

The detailed changelog is available below,

    Vincent

External Compatibility Breaks
*****************************

None.

New Features
************

None.

Improvements
************

* ``bzr rmbranch`` now supports removing colocated branches.
  (Jelmer Vernooij, #920653)

* ``bzr rmbranch`` no longer removes active branches unless ``--force``
  is specified. (Jelmer Vernooij, #922953)

Bug Fixes
*********

* Connecting with HTTPS via HTTP now correctly uses the host name of the
  destination rather than the proxy when checking certificates.
  (Martin Packman, #944696)

* Fixed merge tool availability checking and invocation to search the
  Windows App Path registry in addition to the PATH. (Gordon Tyler, #939605)

* Fixed problem with getting errors about failing to open /dev/tty when using
  Bazaar Explorer to sign commits. (Mark Grandi, #847388)

* Fix UnicodeEncodeError when translated progress task messages contain
  non-ascii text. (Martin Packman, #966934)

* Make sure configuration options can provide their own help topic.
  (Jelmer Vernooij, #941672)

Documentation
*************

* The alpha-quality texinfo sphinx builder has been deprecated. Sphinx >=
  1.1.2 now provides a better one. Most of the documentation can now be
  generated to the texinfo format with ``make texinfo-sphinx``. This will
  generate both the ``.texi`` files and the ``.info`` ones.
  (Vincent Ladeuil, #940164)

API Changes

None.

Testing
*******

* Add support for pyftpdlib >= 0.7.0 and drop support for previous pyftpdlib
  versions. (Vincent Ladeuil, #956027)

* Run smoketest for setup.py isolated in a tempdir. (Martin Packman, #140874)