[ANN] bzr 2.6b1 released

Vincent Ladeuil vila+bzr at canonical.com
Wed Mar 21 10:35:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the first beta for the 2.6 series: 2.6b1.

Bazaar <http://bazaar.canonical.com/> is a Canonical project and part of
the GNU project <http://gnu.org/> to produce a free operating system.

2.6.0 is planned to be released in August 2012.

This release includes ssl certificates verification from the urllib-based
http implementation turned on by default, fixes some UI issues around
colocated branches, documentation fixes and more.

2.6b1 contains all know bug fixes including the ones made for the
previous stable releases.

A warm thank you to all people that send feedback, suggestions, even
merge proposals making bzr better !

Bazaar is now available for download from
https://launchpad.net/bzr/2.6/2.6b1/ as a source tarball.

Installers are available OSX, windows installers and packages are on
their way for the usual GNU/Linux distributions that propose our beta
releases as well as the beta PPA for Ubuntu.

         Vincent