[ANN] bzr 2.5.0 released

Vincent Ladeuil vila+bzr at canonical.com
Thu Mar 8 12:22:56 UTC 2012

On behalf of the Bazaar team and community, I'm happy to announce
availability of a new release of the bzr adaptive version control
system.

Bazaar <http://bazaar.canonical.com/> is a Canonical project and part of
the GNU project <http://gnu.org/> to produce a free operating system.

Thanks to everyone who contributed patches, suggestions, and feedback.

Bazaar is now available for download from
https://launchpad.net/bzr/2.5/2.5.0 as a source tarball.

Installers are available for windows and OSX from the url above too.

This release marks the start of a new long-term-stable series. From here, we
will only make bugfix releases on the 2.5 series (2.5.1, etc, and support it
until April 2017), while 2.6 will become our new development series.

This is a bugfix and polish release over the 2.4 series, with a large number
of bugs fixed (~170 for the 2.5 series alone). The 2.5 series provides a
faster smart protocol implementation for many operations, basic support for
colocated branches. We have started translating bzr with the 2.5 series:
https://translations.launchpad.net/bzr, more than 20 languages have already
been registered but these are the early days, contributions welcome.

Only a few bugfixes have been included since 2.5b6 so all known fixed bugs
are included here.

Users are encouraged to upgrade from the other stable series.

See
http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/bzr.dev/en/whats-new/whats-new-in-2.5.html
for more details,

      Vincent