[ANN] bzr 2.4.1 released

Vincent Ladeuil vila+bzr at canonical.com
Tue Sep 13 16:02:23 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Here comes our new stable release: 2.4.1

Bazaar <http://bazaar.canonical.com/> is part of the GNU project
<http://gnu.org/> to produce a free operating system.

After the slight delay for the 2.4.0 release, we're back on our regular
release schedule.

This is a bugfix release. Upgrading is recommended for all users on
earlier 2.4 releases.

2.4.1 contains all known bug fixes for all stable releases (including
the ones we made for the previous stable series).

Thanks to all participants, whether you sent merge proposals, comments,
suggestions and feedback, we very much appreciate all of them.

Bazaar is now available for download from
https://launchpad.net/bzr/2.4/2.4b4/ as a source tarball.

Installers are available for windows from the url above, OSX ones are on
their way.

2.4.1 has also been uploaded to debian and ubuntu.

The detailed changelog is available below,

    Vincent

Bug Fixes
*********

* ``config.LocationMatcher`` properly excludes unrelated sections.
  (Vincent Ladeuil, #829237)

* ``dirstate.fdatasync`` and ``repository.fdatasync`` can now properly be
  disabled. (Vincent Ladeuil, #824513)

* Disable ``os.fsync`` and ``os.fdatasync`` by default when running
  ``bzr selftest``. You can use ``--sync`` to re-enable them.
  (John Arbash Meinel, #837293)

* Fix i18n use when no environment variables are set. (Jelmer Vernooij, #810701)

* Avoid UnicodeDecode error when reporting EINVAL from transports.
  (IWATA Hidetaka, #829237)

Documentation

* Corrected documentation for BZR_PROGRESS_BAR.
  (Dennis Benzinger, #735417)

Testing
*******

* The test suite should now be able to run under weird environments where
  ``/etc/passwd`` doesn't contain the ``uid`` for the user running selftest
  or where ``fakeroot`` is used but ``/root`` is inacessible.
  (Vincent Ladeuil, #825027)