No subject

Wed Aug 26 22:14:35 BST 2009

Some things to note ...

Most of the HTML docs now have the sidebar on the left hand side which
ought to fix the rendering problems encountered in IE6 and IE7. The
Plugins Guide and the Migration Docs are the two exceptions. I plan to
fix those in the next week or two.

Many of the issues raised in recent weeks w.r.t. the Windows Help files
(chm format) have been fixed. Hooray! In particular, the developer docs
and foreign language docs have been broken out into their own files,
improving navigation and search (in both CHM and HTML formats). All the
CHM files now have reasonably useful Contents panels, though the Index
panels are still empty.

IMHO, the PDFs rock. Then again, I've always preferred reading
non-reference documentation on paper instead of online. I've generated
PDFs for all the English and Spanish user docs (but not Russian yet),
including the main Developer docs.

The Quick Reference cards are included in the PDF directories and well
as being available within the HTML sites. It would be nice to get Quick
Reference cards written in French and other languages and made available
via the downloads directory. (BTW, a Japanese Quick Reference for Bazaar
exists already but isn't in our codebase currently.)

If you find errors or wish to make improvements, please report bugs and
submit merge directives with the changes. Emailing me directly won't get
them fixed, sorry.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the final result here, despite it
taking far more energy over the last few weeks than I expected! I hope
you find the material helpful, well organised and well presented.

Ian C.

PS: If anyone is keen to put together a "documentation overview" page in
Spanish or other languages, grab the source for the web sites from
lp:bzr-alldocs and follow the existing examples. For Spanish in
particular, we could point directly into the Spanish docs rather than
linking to the English docs so that would be cool to have.