[ANN] QBzr 0.14 released!

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Aug 21 13:51:14 BST 2009

On behalf of the QBzr developers team, I'm happy to announce the shining
new 0.14 release of QBzr, code-named "Eucalyptus"!

The main reason for releasing 0.14 so quickly after 0.13.1 is the desire
to get it included into the next Ubuntu release, "Karmic Koala". We'll
gratefully accept any help anyone can offer to achieve this goal ;-)

Despite a short development cycle, this release incorporates a lot of
improvements, in particular 5 new q-dialogs, and many other improvements
and bug fixes.

What is QBzr?
-------------
QBzr is a cross platform, Qt-based front-end for Bazaar, providing GUI
applications for many core bzr commands. In addition, it provides
several special dialogs and helper commands. Equivalents for core bzr
commands have the same names as CLI commands but with a prefix of "q".
Today QBzr 0.14 provides 30 user commands, 24 of them based on core
commands. QBzr works smoothly on all major platforms with Qt/PyQt 4.4.x
or later.

Note: QBzr's applications are the core "GUI dialogs" in several major
Bazaar projects including:

  * Bazaar Explorer
  * QBzr-Eclipse
  * TortoiseBzr (Windows only)

So all testing, bug fixing and improvements made to QBzr benefits all of
these projects. To help with any of these, please visit QBzr on
Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/qbzr.

Download
--------
Sources tarball:
   http://launchpad.net/qbzr/trunk/0.14/+download/qbzr-0.14.tar.gz

Universal installer for Windows users (suitable to use with both
standalone and python-based installers):
   http://launchpad.net/qbzr/trunk/0.14/+download/qbzr-setup-0.14.exe

PPA for Ubuntu users:
   https://launchpad.net/~qbzr-dev/+archive/ppa

Release branch:
   https://code.launchpad.net/~qbzr-dev/qbzr/0.14

What's new in this release
--------------------------
  * we have 5 new dialogs (qbind, qunbind, qexport, qplugins and quncommit).
  * better help for plugin itself (now `bzr help qbzr` gives you
    useful info).
  * qcommit and uncommit hook now can store revision message and
    information about bugfixes for revision, this information automatically
    restored on next qcommit run in this branch.
  * most q-commands now able to return exit code 0 when operation
    finished successfully, and exit code 1 when dialog/operation was
canceled.
  * `merge --qpreview` feature has disabled.
  * qmerge now supports uncommitted and forced merging.
  * Dozen bugfixes and small improvements.

For a detailed changelog, see the release page:
https://launchpad.net/qbzr/trunk/0.14

Special note
As I've mentioned we really want to put this release into Ubuntu Karmic.
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qbzr/+bug/416854
If you can sponsor our package, please contact Gary van der Merwe or me.
Thanks!

Alexander