Bazaar 1.9 rc1-3 Windows installers

John Arbash Meinel john.meinel at canonical.com
Wed Nov 5 22:54:03 GMT 2008

Now that we've had round 2, time for round 3. This one fixes:

1) For some reason the QtGui4.dll was incompletely copied before. My
best guess is a ^C at just the right time, and a build process that
didn't notice it was out of date.

2) Revamped build process. I now have a single script which wipes and
creates a new in-progress dir, downloads all of the plugins I need,
grabs the exact tag version, installs it all into the in-progress
directory, and builds the installer.

This should lead to more reliable builds in the future.

3) The exact 0.9.5 release of qbzr, and the new 1.9.1 release of bzrtools.

4) I've confirmed that qbzr commands load locally, and that 'bzr log
svn/branch' also works. (I also checked that 'bzr qlog svn/branch' shows
reasonable info.)

I also tested using paramiko as the transport, though for some reason
'svn+ssh' uses a different connection. (doing bzr log bzr+ssh doesn't
require my password, but doing "bzr log svn+ssh" does.)

Anyway, I'm fairly confident in this build, and I'd love for people to
give it a shot.

John
=:->

PS> The icon overlays aren't working for me, but I don't know if that is
just my machine, or if that is a general problem. So feedback here would
be appreciated.