bazaar-ng 0.0.7 released

Martin Pool martinpool at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:20:06 CDT 2005

I'm happy to announce the release of bazaar-ng 0.0.7, which features
major improvements over the previous release.

We have improved the test coverage and the ease of using the test
framework in this release.  If contributing new features, please write
tests for them.

Thankyou to everyone who sent comments or patches; those that were not
integrated this time will be handled in the future.

I'd also like to welcome some more Canonical employees as contributors
to bazaar-ng, particularly Robert Collins,  James Blackwell, and David
Allouche.

bzr-0.0.7 2005-09-02

  NEW FEATURES:

    * ``bzr shell-complete`` command contributed by Clint Adams to
      help with intelligent shell completion.

    * New expert command ``bzr find-merge-base`` for debugging merges.

  ENHANCEMENTS:

    * Much better merge support.

    * merge3 conflicts are now reported with markers like '<<<<<<<'
      (seven characters) which is the same as CVS and pleases things
      like emacs smerge.

  BUG FIXES:

    * ``bzr upgrade`` no longer fails when trying to fix trees that
      mention revisions that are not present.

    * Fixed bugs in listing plugins from ``bzr plugins``.

    * Fix case of $EDITOR containing options for the editor.

    * Fix log -r refusing to show the last revision.
      (Patch from Goffredo Baroncelli.)

  CHANGES:

    * ``bzr log --show-ids`` shows the revision ids of all parents.

    * Externally provided commands on your $BZRPATH no longer need
      to recognize --bzr-usage to work properly, and can just handle
      --help themselves.

  LIBRARY:

    * Changed trace messages to go through the standard logging
      framework, so that they can more easily be redirected by
      libraries.

--
Martin