[apparmor] [Merge] ~talkless/apparmor-profiles:fix-thunderbird-attachements into apparmor-profiles:master

Vincas Dargis vindrg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 17:02:16 UTC 2017

The proposal to merge ~talkless/apparmor-profiles:fix-thunderbird-attachements into apparmor-profiles:master has been updated.

Description changed to:

This is modified (no sbin, less explicit) intrigeri patch [0][1] for fixing Debian bug #855346 [2] that disallows Thunderbird users with AppArmor profile enabled to open attachments.

Additional, some cleanup is done to close #876333 [3]

For the record, I do not particularly like this attachment workaround (it allows interpreters, wget...), but because *we do not have abstractions* to cover all (most) various-documents-format-opening cases, so let's agree that:

1. This is *temporary fix* to still have Thunderbird profile Enforced on Debian.
2. I will start initiative to build list of abstractions that would allow Browsers, Email cliends and IM's to open various format downloaded files.

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=855346#60
[1] https://git-tails.immerda.ch/icedove/commit/?h=bugfix/855346&id=8536c99bc4f00e46030b35ef271ff78ff41962b5
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=855346#60
[3] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=876333

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~talkless/apparmor-profiles/+git/apparmor-profiles/+merge/332870
--
Your team AppArmor Developers is requested to review the proposed merge of ~talkless/apparmor-profiles:fix-thunderbird-attachements into apparmor-profiles:master.