[apparmor] Syntax Error: Unknown line found in file /etc/apparmor.d/usr.lib.snapd.snap-confine.real.

daniel curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 09:33:45 UTC 2017

Hello Seth

>> Can you report where it came from? (...)

I'm pretty sure, that this profile was available after a fresh, default
16.04 install. I'm not using snap mechanism and I don't have any apps
installed that way:

[~]$ snap list
No snaps are installed yet. Try "snap install hello-world".

By the way, I found such informations in '/var/log/syslog' file (I don't
know if they are valuable in my situation):

✗ snapd[1099]: AppArmor status: apparmor is enabled and all features are
available
✗ snapd[1099]: 2017/11/22 20:40:04.229860 stateengine.go:98: state ensure
error: Get https://api.snapcraft.io/api/v1/snaps/sections: dial tcp: lookup
api.snapcraft.io on [::1]:53: dial udp [::1]:53: connect: cannot assign
requested address

Anyway, "/etc/apparmor.d/usr.lib.snapd.snap-confine.real" - that's the name
of the profile, but I cannot see such a file in e.g. apparmor_2.10.95 amd64
package. Lets see an error message one more time:

✗ ERROR: Syntax Error: Unknown line found in file
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.lib.snapd.snap-confine.real line 15:
include "/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/snap-confine.d" /etc/ld.so.cache r,

>> So either you're going to be hand-editing your other profiles
>> to do what you want or hand-editing the broken profile.

So, what should I do? What do You think? If hand-editing is a good method
then I have to remove/comment "include" line? (That's the place, which
create above error.) Or maybe there is another way?

I would like to ask one more question: if I'm not using snap, can I disable
services such like: snapd.service, snapd.refresh.timer, snapd.socket and so
on? Of course via systemctl(1) If I can do this, then I can also remove
"usr.lib.snapd.snap-confine.real" profile.

Seth, if you want, I can send you this profile via e-mail.

Thanks, best regards.
.
.