[apparmor] [administrivia] git conversion complete; gitlab projects set up

John Johansen john.johansen at canonical.com
Thu Nov 2 20:00:50 UTC 2017

]
> We walked through a merge yesterday with this merge request:
>
>   https://gitlab.com/apparmor/apparmor/merge_requests/1
>
> The audit trail of who merged the code is implicitly present in the
> merge commit. By default, there's no information about who reviewed the
> changes but the merge commit contains a mention of where to find the
> merge request and that page will contain much more info about who
> reviewed which parts of the merge request.

That makes the dangerous assumption we keep our infrastructure on gitlab,
and don't endup migrating again (this is the 4 or 5 migration in the
projects history). I would strongly prefer having that information
integral to the commit message.

> I'm fine with the default merge commit message. I think Steve had an
> issue with the subject line of the default merge commit message. I'll
> let him voice his opposition to it and maybe he'll have a better suggestion.
> I am really not happy with with what I have seen so far.

    Merge branch 'make-variable' into 'master'

    all: Use the MAKE variable

    See merge request apparmor/apparmor!1

uhmm, no that really fails the migration test