[apparmor] autopkgtests (DEP-8)

intrigeri intrigeri at debian.org
Sun Jun 25 10:30:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

Christian Boltz:
> Am Sonntag, 25. Juni 2017, 11:18:39 CEST schrieb intrigeri:
> For a nice definition of "as close to possible to a real system", have a
> look at openQA [1]. It does everything from installing or upgrading the
> distribution up to things like opening websites in firefox, clicking
> buttons, comparing screenshots with the actual screen content etc.

Thanks, I'll look into it. This looks like similar integration testing
to what we do at Tails with Sikuli and dogtail, driven by Cucumber in
libvirt VMs.

> For the openSUSE package, I run the checks in-tree (without USE_SYSTEM).
> [...]

This looks very much like what we do at package build time on Debian:
https://alioth.debian.org/scm/loggerhead/collab-maint/apparmor/view/head:/debian/rules#L54

> BTW: If someone has an idea about the strange make -C issue for the
> profiles directory - patches welcome ;-) Same for the PYTHONPATH issue.

… which makes me notice we don't run the utils tests at package build
time on Debian.

> The tests I want in openQA are more user-centric:

OK, sounds good. We have some similar integration tests in Tails, for
things we really want to ensure are blocked by AppArmor, e.g.
https://git-tails.immerda.ch/tails/tree/features/evince.feature#n24

>>  * whether Ubuntu has other autopkgtests, and where they are defined.

> Ubuntu runs lots of AppArmor tests as part of
> https://launchpad.net/qa-regression-testing/

Thanks, I'll look into it :)

Cheers,
--