[apparmor] autopkgtests (DEP-8)

intrigeri intrigeri at debian.org
Sun Jun 25 09:18:39 UTC 2017

Hi,

autopkgtests are…

  "as-installed" tests of packages, i.e. the testing of packages in
  a context as close as possible to a Debian system where the packages
  subject to testing are properly installed.

Yesterday I've added some autopkgtests to the apparmor Debian package:

  https://alioth.debian.org/scm/loggerhead/collab-maint/apparmor/revision/1630

For now I'm running tests (with USE_SYSTEM=1) in these directories:
binutils, parser.

Results will appear there once the tests have run on the Debian CI infra:

  https://ci.debian.net/packages/a/apparmor/

As written on https://ci.debian.net/doc/file.MAINTAINERS.html, that
test suite will be executed:

 * when any package in the dependency chain of its binary packages
   changes;
 * when the package itself changes;
 * when 1 month is passed since the test suite was run for the
   last time.

Distro maintainers, are you doing similar things?

I'm particularly interested in:

 * examples of how to run more tests against the installed version,
   ideally outside of a source tree that was built already;
 * whether Ubuntu has other autopkgtests, and where they are defined.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri