[apparmor] New 2.10.9x release?

intrigeri intrigeri at debian.org
Tue Nov 8 13:12:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

in the current Debian packaging for AppArmor we currently cherry-pick
about 20 commits from upstream. Likely we've missed a few more
important bug fixes. The Debian Stretch freeze date that matters to us
is February 5, 2017. Is it an option to put out a new 2.10.9x upstream
release in time to get it into Stretch?

This would have the advantage to better communicate to users what
version of AppArmor we're shipping, and to make sure that we have the
latest and greatest code that's deemed good enough for
a release upstream.

What can I do to help make this happen? Would it help to package
a snapshot from current bzr tree, upload to Debian experimental, and
call for testing? In the past such calls for testing have not been
very successful, so I doubt it's worth the effort… but at least *I*
would test the current state of what's in bzr :)

Cheers,
--
intrigeri