[apparmor] [patch] accept hostname with dots

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at canonical.com
Thu May 5 19:29:17 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 12:18:00PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > > .. though I'm worried that this kind of patch may break something
> > > subtle. So I'd like to make sure that you've tried compile and
> > > tests with this patch first? Sure, it _looks_ right, but flex is a
> > > funny creature.
>
> Do you seriously expect that I send a patch for code I don't understand
> without running the testsuite? ;-)

For all avoidance of doubt, no, I know you're good about running the
tests.

But introducing a change to the language parsers that may cause e.g.
shift-reduce warnings may lead to non-obvious trouble long after this
dot is forgotten. So I wanted to double-check this one. :)

> > its good
> >
> > Acked-by: John Johansen <john.johansen at canonical.com>
>
> Wow, two acks for adding one dot!
>
> Any chance I can at least get one for my other pending patches? ;-)
> (I'm talking about the DBUS series and the test to check for hotkey
> conflicts in all languages.)

Good idea. I liked the part of the hotkey patch that I read before..

Thanks