[apparmor] [patch] severity.py: change rank_capability() to not expect the CAP_ prefix

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Fri May 29 21:29:14 UTC 2015

Hello,

Am Freitag, 29. Mai 2015 schrieb Steve Beattie:
> On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 03:45:13PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > this patch changes rank_capability() so that it doesn't expect the
> > CAP_ prefix. This makes usage easier because callers can simply
> > hand over the capability name.
> >
> > Also change rank() to call rank_capability() without the CAP_
> > prefix.
> >
> > [ 15-severity-drop-CAP_prefix.diff ]
>
> Acked-by: Steve Beattie <steve at nxnw.org>
>
> I'm surprised this didn't require any test changes.

Well, that's a) not too surprising and b) expected - I don't want any
behaviour changes here ;-)

We have tests for rank() - and they continue to work because rank()
still expects the CAP_ prefix (and cuts it off before calling
rank_capability()).

Tests that test rank_capability() in a direct way get added in patch 16
and patch 20.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Naja, wer in der bekannten närrischen Zeit an jemanden in einer der
Karnevalsgegenden mailt, muß damit rechnen, daß seine Mail kaum vor