[apparmor] query_label regression test failures

Tyler Hicks tyhicks at canonical.com
Thu Jun 25 21:30:46 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-25 13:55:47, Tyler Hicks wrote:
> On 2015-06-25 01:21:39, Steve Beattie wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When running the apparmor regression tests on wily with the trunk of
> > the userspace tools, I'm getting the following two failures in the
> > query_label test:
> >
> > Error: query_label failed. Test 'QUERY file (all base perms #1)' was expected to 'pass'. Reason for failure 'FAIL: the access should not be allowed and should be audited'
> > Error: query_label failed. Test 'QUERY file (all base perms #2)' was expected to 'pass'. Reason for failure 'FAIL: the access should not be allowed and should be audited'
>
> Note that the test passes when we run them against the wily apparmor
> userspace (2.9.2-0ubuntu1). Seems to be something broken specifically in
> trunk.

The tests start failing after r3081:

  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~apparmor-dev/apparmor/master/revision/3081

That patch defined values for AA_MAY_* perms, in apparmor.h, related to
file operations:

  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~apparmor-dev/apparmor/master/view/head:/libraries/libapparmor/include/sys/apparmor.h#L34

The query_label.c binary already defined many of the macros:

  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~apparmor-dev/apparmor/master/view/head:/tests/regression/apparmor/query_label.c#L22

The problem is that the new macros in apparmor.h do not match the old
macros in query_label.c. Which ones are correct? I assume that the
apparmor.h ones are correct but would like confirmation before I go
modify the query_label.c test program.

Tyler