[apparmor] [patch] bikeshedding and pep8 (was Move re_match_include() to regex.py)

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Mon Jun 22 19:31:40 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 11:50:45PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Am Montag, 15. Juni 2015 schrieb Kshitij Gupta:
> > +    else:
> > > +        return None
> > > +
> > > +
> > > +
> >
> > Bikeshedding: 3 newlines or 2 newlines for separation?
>
> 2.6, and do the rounding depending on the moon phase ;-)
>
> Seriously: I don't have a strict rule in my head besides "whatever looks
> good", but 2 are enough here.

Fortunately, the python community has mostly done the bikeshedding for
us and have a suggested coding style in pep8, which specifically speaks
to this:

  https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/#blank-lines

Even better, the pep8 command line tool will attempt to highlight said
issues. In general, my opinion is that we should follow pep8, except
where we agree that it doesn't make sense to do so (lines longer than 80
columns being one of those things that we do generally violate).

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>