[apparmor] [patch] Get variable names in aa-mergeprof ask_the_questions() in sync with aa.py

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Wed Jun 3 11:43:40 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 01:36:00PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> this patch adds two variable references (aa and changed) in aa-mergeprof
> ask_the_questions() so that the code can use the short name and be more
> in sync with aa.py ask_the_questions().
>
> With this patch applied, the "for ruletype in ['capability', 'network']:"
> block is in sync, with the exception of the sections that intentionally
> differ:
> - the check for the profile mode
> - the default button selection based on profile mode
> - the seen_events counter
>
> [ 30-mergeprof-sync-varnames.diff ]

I get why you're doing it, but it's a little goofy to convert only
some of the references to self.user.aa and apparmor.aa.changed in
aa-mergeprof::ask_the_questions() and not all of them. I'd personally
rather see a larger patch that converts all the references in
ask_the_questions().

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>