[apparmor] [patch] more Make.rules cruft removal

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Tue Jan 27 17:31:55 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 03:22:59PM +0100, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > Ohhhh, it needs to die with fire, it does. Patch follows, that also
> > converts the libapparmor/doc/ clean to get rid of the manpages on make
> > clean, not make maintainer-clean.
>
> How many shades of clean do our Makefiles contain?
>
> I was aware of "clean" and "distclean", but "maintainer-clean" is new
> for me.

Our hand-written makefiles contain only 'clean'. The automake generated
makefiles have mostlyclean, clean, distclean, and maintainer-clean:
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Clean.html .
Gotta love needing to remember the subtle differences between four
different clean targets (and inconsistently named, to make everything
more awesome, too).

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>