[apparmor] [patch] add and move logparser.py tests

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Sat Jan 17 20:35:11 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 03:19:32PM +0100, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this patch adds some tests for logparser.py based on the log lines from
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+bug/1399027
>
> It also moves some existing tests from aa_test.py to test-logparser.py
> and adds checks for RE_LOG_v2_6_audit and RE_LOG_v2_6_syslog to them.
>
> I propose this patch for trunk and 2.9.

Acked-by: Steve Beattie <steve at nxnw.org> for both.

A couple of things to add to the never ending pile of TODOs:

 1) bring in the USE_SYSTEM= flag we use
    in other parts of the tree and point LD_LIBRARY_PATH at
    libraries/libapparmor/src/.libs by default. Bonus points if you can
    work out where the python libapparmor swig bindings get built and
    point things at those as well; note that there's a lot of sharp
    edges to doing that correctly.

 2) extend test-logparser to walk the libapparmor regression tests
    and verifying output, to ensure that the utils expectations and
    the libapparmor expectations of what's a valid log message and
    what's not are in sync. The libapparmor python regression tests
    give an idea on how to accomplish this.

Thanks.

--
Steve Beattie