[apparmor] Fun with libapparmor build

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Mon Apr 6 19:02:16 UTC 2015

Hello,

Am Montag, 6. April 2015 schrieb Tyler Hicks:
> On 2015-04-04 14:24:12, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > # cd libraries/libapparmor
> > # ./configure
> > [... everything looks good ...]
> > # make clean
> > Now the interesting question is why it is looking for aclocal-1.14.
> > I have /usr/bin/aclocal and /usr/bin/aclocal-1.15 in $PATH...
> Is this a bzr checkout? If so, run ./autogen.sh and you should get
> your tree back to a buildable state.

A bzr checkout, and ./autogen.sh helped :-) - but I still wonder why
configure doesn't simply call "aclocal" without a version number.

Now to the remaining parts - after a "make clean", bzr status still
gives me:

unknown:
  libraries/libapparmor/test-driver
  libraries/libapparmor/include/Makefile
  libraries/libapparmor/include/Makefile.in
  libraries/libapparmor/include/sys/Makefile
  libraries/libapparmor/include/sys/Makefile.in
  libraries/libapparmor/swig/python/test/Makefile
  libraries/libapparmor/swig/python/test/Makefile.in

"make distclean" shrinks the list a bit:

unknown:
  libraries/libapparmor/test-driver
  libraries/libapparmor/include/Makefile.in
  libraries/libapparmor/include/sys/Makefile.in
  libraries/libapparmor/swig/python/test/Makefile.in

Should (some of) those files get added to .bzrignore, or does the
Makefile need an update to delete them?

Regards,

Christian Boltz

PS: Non-random sig ;-)
--
I saw a book entitled "Die GNU Autotools" and I thought
"My feelings exactly". Turns out the book was in German.