[apparmor] Post 2.9.0 development

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Fri Oct 17 23:01:49 UTC 2014

With the release of 2.9.0, I wanted to note a few things:

  * The 2.7.x series is no longer supported
  * 2.8.4 is considered the prior supported release; I don't expect to
    make a 2.8.5 release, but if there's significant demand for it, we
    can do so.
  * I do expect to make a 2.9.1 release within a month, assuming we
    collect enough fixes to warrant it. I have added a 2.9.1 milestone
    in launchpad; please target bugs for it.
  * I have not branched off the 2.9 series from trunk yet, to avoid
    having to ensure bug fixes land on both branches. When someone has a
    patch that's not appropriate to land as part of a 2.9.x release,
    then we can branch off 2.9.

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with the
above.

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>