[apparmor] [utils] proposed redesign for mergeprof

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Thu Oct 16 11:53:02 UTC 2014

Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2014 schrieb Kshitij Gupta:
> Sorry, I was away for a bit and missed the meeting. :( I've read up
> the logs from the meeting. I hope we can and will try to get
> aa-mergeprof ready for 2.9 release.

I think so :-)  (at least the 2-way-merge)

> Thanks for skimming through the v1 of patch and the fixes. :-)
>
> Thus is bring the tool to the decided new decided syntax?

Yes, it's now just
    aa-mergeprof [-d /path/to/profiles] file [file ...]

> I had made some changes post the old patch to allow decided format,
> the entire --oldupstream --newupstream flags with some additional
> checks. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to a good shape (or find time
> to test enough) to send the new revision.
>
> I've attached a diff that applies those minor fixes on your changes.

The traditional diff format is quite hard to read. Can you please resend
the patch in unified (diff -u) format?.

If I understand your patch right, it adds the --oldupstream and --
newupstream parameters, but doesn't really implement the handling of
them. Right?

For this part:

153,154c188,189
<         q.title = _('Changed Local Profiles')
<         q.explanation = _('The following local profiles were changed.
Would you like to save them?')
---

>         q.title = _('Changes for Local Profile: %s') %
(merging_profile)
>         q.explanation = _('Would you like to save them?')

Displaying the profile name is a good idea, but I'd do it with q.options
to keep it in sync with aa-logprof. (I hope we can use ask_the_question
from aa.py also for aa-mergeprof one day ;-)

> If they seem alright you might want to apply this diff and then make
> any further changes.
>
> Note: Its a small diff with basically changes for the 3-way merge, you
> may want to revise the description text for the tool

We can add 3-way merge later (when it's ready) - nobody will complain
about added commandline options or added features ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
   116: Programm
          Sobald eine Datei von einem Virus infiziert werden kann, ist