[apparmor] [patch] delete outdated *.spec{,.in} files

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Mon Dec 8 20:14:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 01:11:10PM +0100, Christian Boltz wrote:
> I propose to delete the following files from bzr:
>
> - utils/apparmor-utils.spec.in
> - changehat/pam_apparmor/pam_apparmor.spec.in
> - changehat/tomcat_apparmor/tomcat_5_5/tomcat_apparmor.spec.in
> - changehat/tomcat_apparmor/tomcat_5_0/tomcat_apparmor.spec.in
> - changehat/mod_apparmor/apache2-mod_apparmor.spec.in
> - libraries/libapparmor/libapparmor1.spec
> - parser/apparmor-parser.spec.in
> - profiles/apparmor-profiles.spec.in
>
> Those *.spec{,.in} files were not updated for years and don't fit the
> current "one tarball for everything" model.
>
> If you prefer, I can move the files to deprecated/spec/ instead of
> deleting them (personally, I don't see a value in keeping them there).

Kill them with fire, please (i.e. Acked-by: Steve Beattie <steve at nxnw.org>).

I'd planned on getting rid of those as part of some additional cleanup
I'm doing to make the Makefiles less complex thanks to not needing
to support multiple tarball generation. That said, it's another bit
of work that I feel uncomfortable having in a 2.9.x release.

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>