[apparmor] Finding libapparmor.so on Debian

Jeroen Ooms jeroen.ooms at stat.ucla.edu
Sat Dec 14 21:12:31 UTC 2013

This is perhaps more of a debian question, but hopefully someone can help.
I am using the 'whereis' command in the configure script for the RAppArmor
package [1] to detect the location of libapparmor.so to put it in Makevars.
I tested this and it worked on Ubuntu, Debian and OpenSuse, until recently.

However, a user has brought to my attention that in Debian (testing)
Jessie, this no longer works. I tried this on EC2 and I get:

root at ip-10-137-12-151:/usr/lib# find / -name 'libapparmor.so'
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libapparmor.so

Is it correct that the location of libapparmor.so has changed? What would
be a better method to use in my configure script to detect the location of
libapparmor.so?

[1] https://github.com/jeroenooms/rapparmor/blob/master/configure