[apparmor] Debian Wheezy: Profile doesn't conform to protocol

intrigeri intrigeri at debian.org
Thu Sep 27 09:32:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

John Johansen wrote (27 Sep 2012 09:05:20 GMT) :
> On 09/27/2012 12:08 AM, intrigeri wrote:

>> I beg to disagree. IIRC nobody asked them to include that patch.
>> As far as I'm concerned, I focused on getting the core functionality
>> in for Wheezy.
>>
> Sorry I did not mean to imply that you didn't do what you were asked
> to do, merely provide some facts in an abbreviated form. We are
> actually quite happy with the work you did, and the feedback we
> received. I hope this extended explanation clears things up.

Thank you for clarifying. This is very much appreciated.

For the record, I do not maintain the Linux kernel in Debian: I was
merely the one who asked the actual maintainers to apply the minimum
patchset so that we get mostly-working AppArmor in Wheezy. And, just
like you, at the end of this discussion, I decided not to ask the
Debian Linux kernel maintainers to apply more out-of-tree
AppArmor patches.

So eventually, I beg to agree :)