[apparmor] [Patch 0/27] kernel rcu locking and aafs profiles introspection

John Johansen john.johansen at canonical.com
Wed Nov 21 09:46:32 UTC 2012

On 11/20/2012 08:39 PM, John Johansen wrote:
> So this is the latest iteration of the new profile locking and profile/
> namespace directory. There has been some minor reworking of the direcortory
> structure since the last iteration.
>
> specifically the profile directory naming has moved away from using the
> sid to a per namespace unique number, and instead of preceeding the
> profile name it now trails it as in
>   <profile_name>.<unique #>
>
> eg.
>
> /sys/kernel/security/apparmor/
>   .load
>   .remove
>   .replace
>   features/
>   profiles
>   policy/				# new policy dir
>       profiles				# profiles in the namespace
>         usr.bin.foo.9/			# sid-mangled profile name
>           name				# profile name
> 	  mode				# profile mode (enforce, complain)
>           attach			# attachment re string
>           profiles/			# hats and children profiles
>             bar.12/
> 	      name
> 	      mode
>       namespaces/			# namespaces under root
>         ns1/				# example sub ns
>           profiles/
>           namespaces/

I forgot to add that null profiles are not shown under the new interface
but can still be removed or replaced if their names are known.

I am not sure how much of a problem this will be. I would like to avoid
having to create a directory structure for each learning profile, if we
can come up with a way to handle this well