[apparmor] [patch] techdoc.pdf improvements

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Tue May 8 22:56:56 UTC 2012

Hello,

Am Dienstag, 8. Mai 2012 schrieb Kees Cook:
> On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 09:59:11PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> > - don't include build date on first page of the PDF
>
> Oh good -- this had been bothering me.

I was thinking about inserting the correct date, but that would have
looked too bad. bzr log tells me something about April 2007, but at this
time the file was moved to the apparmor-parser package. The last "real"
edit might be even older...

It would be nice to have techdoc.tex updated, but that's another
story ;-)

> > - make clean:
> >   - delete techdoc.out (created by pdftex)
> >   - fix deletion of techdoc.txt (was techdo_r_.txt)
>
> Hah, whoops.

Indeed.

> > (but he didn't notice the techdo_r_.txt ;-)
>
> Looks like our pdflatex outputs differ. On Debian/Ubuntu, there's no
> techdoc.txt generated:

It's not included in the default target. You have to explicitely run
    make techdoc.txt

This will also generate the PDF and HTML version because it depends on
them.

Your response also leads to another question: should we change the
Makefile so that techdoc.* is build when just calling "make"?

Basically this would mean for parser/Makefile: (pseudo-patch)
-all:
+all: techdoc.txt

Otherwise we have to change README because it says

    For more information, you can read the techdoc.pdf (available after
    building the parser) and by visiting the http://apparmor.net/ web
    site.

;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
>> Man möge mich korrigieren.
> Du hast es nicht anders gewollt ;-)
Jaaaa, gibs mir! ;-)
[> Christian Boltz und Johannes Kastl in suse-linux]