[apparmor] Need Assistance With AppArmor Profiling Issue

Don Woeltje drwoeltje at stkate.edu
Wed Mar 21 14:16:09 UTC 2012

I'm profiling Firefox11. I can never get it to work, in enforce mode,
without problems. I keep running it, then running aa-logprof to make
corrections to the profile. Then I go into Edit A Profile (in YaST) to look
at the changes and I see some weird entries at the beginning of the profile.
They are as follows:

[+] ^null-15

[+] ^null-1e

[+] ^null-27

[+] ^null-32

[+] ^null-d

And it keeps making these things. I think this is why I keep having
problems. Each time it creates one of the entries, it has a new name. I
thought I'd try highlighting the first entry ([+] ^null-15) and doing an
edit of the entry and set it to [+] ^null-*, but when I highlighted the
entry and clicked the Edit Entry button, it was like it took me into another
file that was full of entries of its own.

Any idea on what I can do to resolve this?

Don Woeltje

CISSP

Information Security

St. Catherine University