[apparmor] "_" in profile name

John Johansen john.johansen at canonical.com
Sun Dec 16 10:20:26 UTC 2012

On 12/16/2012 01:24 AM, Aaron Lewis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looks like a bug of apparmor,

quite likely, can you provide some more details?
Where is it failing?
  - parser
  - init scripts
  - tools (genprof/logprof/aa-status)
  - kernel
  - when loading profiles? ...

If you don't know where exactly don't worry just try to describe it as best you can

> Application.Binaries.skype_static-2.2.0.25.skype
>
> If I change the path from skype_static-2.2.0.25 to skype,

so you are changing the profile file's name in /etc/apparmor.d/
from
  /etc/apparmor.d/Application.Binaries.skype_static-2.2.0.25.skype
  /etc/apparmor.d/Application.Binaries.skype

correct? Or is the profile name with in the profile file?

> "Application.Binaries.skype.skype" works.

What works?
 - parser
 - init scripts
 - genprof ...

> Was it a bug? Or do I get a list of bad chars?

Likely a bug a _ should be a valid character