[apparmor] Clickable links in aa-sandbox

Michael Hall mhall119 at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 27 15:54:32 UTC 2012

I've been testing aa-sandbox using my hello-unity[1] app, and most
everything runs fine once I figured out the right abstractions[2] to
use.  But the window contains a GtkLabel with an embedded hyperlink, and
clicking on the link doesn't open the URL in the browser like it does
outside of aa-sandbox.  When I close the app, I see the following error
printed to the terminal:

(hello-unity:22818): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to show
'http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/technologies/unity/': Failed to
execute child process "/usr/bin/chromium-browser" (No such file or
directory)

I've tried it without the -X and --with-xserver=xpra3d, but the link
still doesn't work.

[1] https://launchpad.net/hello-unity
[2] ./aa-sandbox --templates-dir=`pwd`/easyprof/templates -a
python,gnome,ubuntu-browsers,xdg-desktop,freedesktop.org -X
--with-xserver=xpra3d /usr/bin/hello-unity

--
Michael Hall
mhall119 at ubuntu.com