[apparmor] Cache update broken

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Wed Aug 8 11:50:57 UTC 2012

Hello,

Am Dienstag, 7. August 2012 schrieb John Johansen:
> okay attached is v2 of the patch, its changes are:
>
> * makes cache clearing the default behavior if --write-cache is
> enabled

:-)

> * changes --no-clear-cache to --skip-bad-cache (really the
> same thing but hopefully a better name?)

Both option names are ok.

> * adds a --purge-cache debug option to force the cache to be cleared
>   regardless of state

apparmor_parser --purge-cache basically works, but it expects a profile
as parameter (if none is given, it reads stdin) - does this really make
sense for --purge-cache?

probably related warning:

# apparmor_parser --purge-cache
Warning from stdin (line 1): apparmor_parser: cannot use or update
cache, disable, or force-complain via stdin
    [pressed Ctrl-D]
Cache miss: stdin

But the most important thing is: updating the cache works again :-)
(tested with the patch you sent me off-list this, well, morning - I
didn't compare it to the v2 patch on the ML)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
soviel zu Win. Was hat Dich denn da geritten? Auf Win-
Fehlermeldungen würde ich nix geben. Wenn das OS konsequent wäre,