[apparmor] [patch] make parser's definition of allowed var names consistent

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Thu Mar 31 19:50:35 UTC 2011

Hey Christian,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 08:12:32PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2011 schrieb Christian Boltz:
> > Therefore:
> > - do I have to create an account somewhere?
>
> Done in the meantime :-)  (thanks for the off-list support!)
>
> > - what URL do I need for checkout?
>
> This question is still open ;-)  (Maybe I could just guess, but this
> comes at the risk of guessing wrong...)

Trunk has the shortcut lp:apparmor (or alternatively
bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/+branch/apparmor/), so you can do:

  bzr checkout lp:apparmor

(as in svn, co is an alias for checkout, and ci for commit and checkin)

The 2.6 branch is available from lp:apparmor/2.6 (and similar for the
2.5 branch).

(Yes, we need to document this on http://wiki.apparmor.net, sorry about
that.)

> Related question: Where exactly in the source tree should I put
> apparmor.vim.in and the script to generate apparmor.vim? (The best way
> is IMHO: one of you creates a directory for apparmor.vim and tells me
> where it is.)

The existing apparmor.vim file is in the utils/ subdirectory of the
tree. That seems a reasonable location to me. Ideally, it would get
integrated as part of the build (i.e. make) process.

Though when thinking about the issue of auto-generating stuff like
the network protocols, I did have the thought that we could possibly
build it when generating the tarball for snapshot or release (like we
currently do for the small amount of autoconf stuff that we have). It
would require whoever does the release to have the most recent kernel
headers installed, but that's doable, I think.

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>