[apparmor] [patch] make parser's definition of allowed var names consistent

Christian Boltz apparmor at cboltz.de
Wed Mar 30 20:01:40 UTC 2011

Hello,

Am Montag, 28. März 2011 schrieb John Johansen:
> On 03/28/2011 10:43 AM, Steve Beattie wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 01:24:51PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> >> Am Montag, 28. März 2011 schrieb Steve Beattie:
> >> That said: "Hiding" apparmor.vim patches in a big mail is a bit
> >> risky - if I overlook them, my next version of apparmor.vim will
> >> not contain the changes.
> >
> > Doh, terribly sorry about that; I hadn't read the thread on
> > updating the vim syntax file very closely, and had missed that you
> > had external tools for generating it

"external tools" sounds too large for a shell script that replaces 12
different @@placeholder@@ markers at about 70 places in apparmor.vim.in.

Well, at some point I might switch to a perl or PHP[1] script to
generate apparmor.vim - probably depends on how many syntax changes and
options you introduce in the profiles.

> > (after editing it, I can see why!).

It it really that obvious? ;-))

> >> (Which brings us back to the question if I should move
> >> apparmor.vim and the files to generate it in some public version
> >> control system...)
> >
> > I'd strongly encourage that. I'd be comfortable granting you
> > commit rights to the apparmor bzr trees (with at least an initial
> > understanding that commits would be confined to the vim syntax
> > generation bits, even if we couldn't technically enforce it)

Yes, of course - I don't even want to touch any C code ;-)

> > so that we can integrate it into the build process, but I can
> > understand if you'd rather work elsewhere. Either way, I'd like to
> > see what you've developed not get lost. The improvements that
> > you've made in the syntax highlighting are excellent.

thanks! :-)

> Indeed, I have no reservations about granting commit access to the
> apparmor bzr tree.  If that doesn't suite then we can look for
> something else.

The only problem I see is that I never worked with bzr before.
I'm not too keen on learning another version control tool, however if I
get http://wiki.bazaar.canonical.com/BzrForSVNUsers right, it is
basically s/svn/bzr/ for the commands I need :-)  (too bad that bash
doesn't allow aliases based on the working directory...)

Therefore:
- do I have to create an account somewhere?
- what URL do I need for checkout?

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] Yes, I know that PHP isn't the most loved language for such a job,
    but PHP is the language I know best because the main programming
    work I do is on PostfixAdmin (mostly PHP) and several websites
    (usually using Typo3 which also means PHP)...
    And yes, I'm aware that packagers probably won't like
        BuildRequires: php
    for AppArmor ;-)
--
ohh.. and ensure that you dont use phpBB, I repeat, dont use phpBB or
you will regret it !! my dog writes better code than that :-P