[apparmor] [patch] make parser's definition of allowed var names consistent

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Mon Mar 28 17:43:44 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 01:24:51PM +0200, Christian Boltz wrote:
> Am Montag, 28. März 2011 schrieb Steve Beattie:
> > [This patch is nominated for trunk and 2.6.2.]
> >
> > The parser's lexer supports variables defined matching the regex
> > '[[:alpha:]][[:alnum:]_]*' (i.e. a single alpha followed by any
> > number of alphanumerics or underscores). Unfortunately, the code
> > that expends variables inside a profile does not match this, it
> > incorrectly matched '([[:alpha:]]|_)+' (one or more alphas or
> > underscores). This patch corrects the [...]
> > apparmor.vim syntax file.
>
> Applied to apparmor.vim.in so that it doesn't get lost with the next
> generation of apparmor.vim.
>
> That said: "Hiding" apparmor.vim patches in a big mail is a bit risky -
> if I overlook them, my next version of apparmor.vim will not contain the
> changes.

Doh, terribly sorry about that; I hadn't read the thread on updating
the vim syntax file very closely, and had missed that you had external
tools for generating it (after editing it, I can see why!).

> (Which brings us back to the question if I should move apparmor.vim and
> the files to generate it in some public version control system...)

I'd strongly encourage that. I'd be comfortable granting you
commit rights to the apparmor bzr trees (with at least an initial
understanding that commits would be confined to the vim syntax
generation bits, even if we couldn't technically enforce it) so that
we can integrate it into the build process, but I can understand if
you'd rather work elsewhere. Either way, I'd like to see what you've
developed not get lost. The improvements that you've made in the
syntax highlighting are excellent.

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie at ubuntu.com>