[apparmor] Deprecation of #include

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 08:25:25 UTC 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 1:19 AM, John Johansen
<john.johansen at canonical.com> wrote:
> I would like to deprecate #include in favor of using include.
>
> Eg.
>  #include <foo>
> becomes
>  include <foo>

I mentioned before that I thought we should change to "include <foo>" when
include processing is treated as a first-class citizen, rather than treated as
a CPP-style preprocessor. If we can compile/syntax check the included files as
individual units, then I whole heartedly agree. :) But if it is still CPP-style
trickery, I'd like to keep the CPP-style naming, so that admins will have the
right picture in their mind of the problems when it comes time to debug why
adding a new #include, or re-ordering the #includes, blew up the profile
parsing. If it looks like Java package imports, they'll assume it is that
sophisticated. If it looks like CPP, they'll know it's a hack. A useful hack :)
but a hack.

Thanks!