[apparmor] AppArmor 2.6.1 release candidates

Steve Beattie steve at nxnw.org
Mon Mar 21 18:43:52 UTC 2011

I'm happy to announce a release candidates for the AppArmor 2.6.1
release is available from the AppArmor project page on launchpad
(https://launchpad.net/apparmor/).

The AppArmor 2.6.1 RC1 tarball is available from:

  http://launchpad.net/apparmor/2.6/2.6.1/+download/apparmor-2.6.1~rc1.tar.gz

It should have the following md5sum:

  64ca25efa8f2b0859af7ede62bc4f885

and a detached signature is available at

  http://launchpad.net/apparmor/2.6/2.6.1/+download/apparmor-2.6.1~rc1.tar.gz.asc

The signature should indicate it is signed with the AppArmor signing
key, for which the fingerprint is:

  31C1 A553 DAC7 2D85 DDEE  5BF7 8137 98B9 AC93 1271

Tentative release notes have been published at:

  http://wiki.apparmor.net/index.php/ReleaseNotes_2_6_1

I have added a tag for the release candidate to the apparmor-2.6
bazaar tree.

We would appreciate as much testing of this release candidate as
possible.

For Ubuntu users, I have uploaded packages built from the release
tarball to the apparmor-dev personal package archives (PPAs) for
Ubuntu 10.10 and Ubuntu 11.04 (packages for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS will
come later); they are available at:

  https://launchpad.net/~apparmor-dev/+archive/apparmor-2.6/

Please report any issues you find with these images or packages to
the AppArmor bug tracker at https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor or
directly to this mail list <apparmor at lists.ubuntu.com>.

Thanks!

--