[apparmor] Denying a sub-tree to unconfined processes?

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:51:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Rob Meijer <pibara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Progress on MinorFs2 is proceding slowly, but there is progress,
> design is basically ready and I've started on re-implementing the
> first file-system in Python.

Superb! I'm glad to hear you're making progress.

> If AppArmor could be configured such that it could deny access to
> anything under the cap_fs mount-point to all unconfined processes.
> Does this make sense? And if so, would you consider this as a feature
> request for future versions of AppArmor, or does such a feature
> actually already exist?

I have long wanted (or, rather, I _think_ I want) the ability to deny
network access to all unconfined programs. I don't trust the network, and
would like to force _all_ network access to go through confined programs.

I must admit that I've never tried a /** catch-all profile to deny network
access but something about that approach doesn't feel the same as saying
"I want these specific resources to be accessed via confined programs
only".